I love this time of year for so many reasons…..Just to name a few….
- Cooler weather, even though it comes too slow here in Las Vegas!!
- The start of the holiday season!! My girls and I “LOVE” ALL of the holidays from October thru December!!
- Lots of crafts and baking with my grandkids!
- It’s Hatch Green Chili time!! YUMMY!!
Now I could write about all these topics forever and a day, but I am going to focus on the Hatch Chilies today!! Last week Bountiful Baskets had available for purchase a 25 lb box of Hatch Chilies, which my oldest daughter luckily took advantage of the great deal!! They were really beautiful chilies and smelled wonderful being roasted. She spent her days off roasting most of them and I finished the rest up today. They are now all in the freezer in neat little bags ready to get us through the next few months.🙂
I really had to use some up though and decided to use them in one of my youngest daughters fave foods…Hummus. I had seen this made up at Whole Foods and decided to make it here at home. There are so many different ways to do hummus and here is another one that is so good!!🙂
Found the original recipe here….
Here is my version with a few changes…..
Roasted Garlic and Hatch Green Chili Hummus
- 1/3 cup of tahini
- 2 limes juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 6 large roasted garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 15-ounce can of garbanzo beans / chickpeas
- 8 hatch chiles, roasted, peeled and seeded
Drain and rinse the chickpeas well. Add all ingredients to food processor bowl. Puree mixture until smooth. You may add a small amount of water or olive oil if mixture is too thick. Serve with Pita Chips or raw veggies.
We loved it…hope you do too!!🙂